Sangeet Dhwani is an organization dedicated to music as a means to educate and entertain. It has organized more than 125+ concerts in the bay area based on over 60 raagas. We have featured many prominent artists. Join Sangeet Dhwani Group
- Tanisha Joshi
- To provide a collaborative platform for artists.
- To educate and motivate the youth to learn Indian music.
- Diversify focus on classical, film, bhajans, ghazals, sufi, and world fusion/jazz styles of music.
- Hold regular concerts in the Bay Area for fund-raising.
After successfully conducting more than 125+ music concerts from 2006, we recognize that bringing together, people of all backgrounds and levels just for the love of singing, learning, educating and sharing, will fulfill the needs of music lovers looking for a wholesome experience. We want to create such an environment by being a platform for artists to perform, collaborate and network, while guiding and encouraging the younger generation to strive for artistic excellence.
What We Do
On a regular basis, we organize concerts that are unique. We believe that music is a universal language and utilizing diversity and versatility is critical to making it truly universal so people can enjoy music regardless of their age, skill level, language, genre, and other musical preferences. To that end, we conduct concerts of all types of music with artists residing in the USA and those visiting from abroad. By removing certain boundaries that traditional concerts follow, we offer our patrons the type of musical experience that is both entertaining and educational. Our repertoire includes, but is not limited to:
- One Raaga. type concerts where a particular melody takes center stage. Vocal and instrumental artists, whether seasoned professionals or budding artists, present pieces that showcase that particular melody. The styles they choose can be classical, semi-classical, dance-music, film music or any contemporary style.
- Theme based. concerts, a specific theme takes center stage. Vocal and instrumental artists, whether seasoned professionals or budding artists, present pieces that showcase that particular melody. The styles they choose can be classical, semi-classical, dance-music, film music or any contemporary style.
- Workshops and demonstrations
How You Can Help
Our main goal is to revive and promote our rich music heritage of the Indian sub continent, dating back to 5000+ years ago, from Maharshi Patanjali Shastri of Samveda times. We rely on the generosity of donors, sponsors and patrons who believe in our mission. You can help us by attending our programs, with sponsorships and donations. We encourage people to volunteer as well.